Have you got a corrupt hard drive or one that no longer mounts? Do you need to recover files that have been deleted? If so, Data Rescue 3 may be able to help.
Data Rescue allows you to rescue a damaged hard drive and backup the recovered files to either an internal or external hard drive (USB or FireWire), removable media device (such as a Zip or MO) or a networked drive. ??Alternatively, an optional emergency bootable DVD option is available.
Data Rescue can recover any type of file and can even work if a drive only partially operates. It could be especially useful if you need to recover digital pictures from a camera memory card even after it has been erased or reformatted.
The interface of Data Rescue is very easy to use and well designed. It takes you through three steps - drive selection, analysis and recovery. You can preview files before recovery which is useful since it stops you having to go through the time consuming process of recovery if the files aren't the correct ones you want to recover. However, although Data Rescue's developers make some bold claims about how much it can recover, you may find it's far from perfect and won't be able to help in all circumstances.
Data Rescue is definitely worth a try if all else has failed at recovering a hard drive.
- Added support for recovering Address Book’s database
- Added support for recovering Celtx project files
- Added suggested locations when selecting a recovery destination folder
- Added ability to recover HFS+ extended attributes
- Improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7
- Improved VoiceOver compatibility
- Added RAID set partitions to device list